Tuesday, January 23, 2007

State of the Blog Address

My Fellow Citizens of the World...

It's been a bit more than two months since my first post here at Wagster Speaks. There have been 54 other posts since then. According to Google Analytics, I've received multiple visits from Brazil, Singapore, China, Australia, and Belgium. And readership seems to be modestly trending up, with 62 visits in November, 260 in December, and 291 so far in January.

I have no aspiration to be the next Josh Marshall or Kevin Drum. But I do appreciate that some of you take the time out of your day to see what I've been thinking about. It's gratifying to throw little capsules of meaning out into cyberspace.

So this is all a way of saying... the state of the blog is not half-bad. Thanks for reading. And don't be shy about leaving comments... I've made it very easy to do so: no registration is necessary. (I don't think I'm really going to feel like I have blog until there is a flame war in comments.)

No comments: